Hoover High School, named after Herbert Hoover, the 31st president of the United States, has proudly existed for over 80 years. It is the only high school that can claim it was named after a current president actually in office in September of 1929. Located on 18.6 acres of west Glendale, the original campus was erected in 1929 and served students until 1966 when, with the exception of the auditorium and physical education facilities, the buildings were demolished and replaced by a new facility completed in 1969. In 1990, due to continual and anticipated growth in the number of students entering Hoover, a 33-classroom facility was built and completed in 1992. In 2010, an extensive remodel of the other facilities was completed thanks to the voter approved Measure K bond. The most visually striking change made during the Measure K project was to connect the upper and lower quads by creating an ampitheatre in the upper quad area as pictured below.